Saturday, December 13, 2008

living with fredericks ataxia

a friend of mine asked me one day........what mithi might be thinking all day and it must be very painful for her...being on the wheelchair the whole day.....................since then i have been thinking what to say......how a third person can understand what we all are doing to survive the tough time.how a mother feels helpless and overcoming this helplessness she is determined to keep the daughter happy and contented through whatever lifespan she has................and YES i found more than one ways to be happy with her ......she reciprocates my efforts...........she gives me all the happiness a child can give to her parent...........she talks to me in her own special language and smiles at me when amused but ........to understand her language one needs to connect with her..........don't ever ask what effort is needed...........it is something to be felt...not to be seen with the eyes.

5 comments:

  1. god bless you and your little angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you ...i need all the blessings .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours and your daughter's strength make me speechless. Wish you both many moments to cherish and feel happy about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sangeetha, I have read your other two blogs. Seriously I havent touched this blog. Good in one way, I would have been so heart broken. I cannot control my tears and what you have undergone.

    I didnt know you blogged about Mithi. You told me over phone to see your handicrafts. that's when i came over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caring for our children and seeing them comfortable brings immense comfort. If they can show how they feel - that's most satisfying.

    ReplyDelete